chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chunked transfer encoding
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 15:39:15 GMT
 Hi Carlo,

 This code is not meant to be extensible. The CMIS standard is fixed.
 There will be no additional services or operations. Also, the semantics
 of the parameters will not change or have to be changed. Any extensions
 would bypass the specification, which would be a pain for clients and
 doesn't help interoperability.
 All methods that handle requests are stateless, isolated pieces of
 code. OO doesn't help here. And the alternative to reflections would be
 a 120 lines if-statement. I can't see the advantage of that.

 Also, this part is considered internal code and may change at any time.
 OpenCMIS provides a lot of extensibility on the client side and keeping
 the interfaces compatible does hurt sometimes. I don't see a real use
 case to have that pain also on the server side. If there is something
 missing or wrong, we usually fix it pretty quick - as you have seen.

 Having said that, if you have a great idea how to refactor that code,
 feel free to provide a patch.

 - Florian