chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jaime Porras López <aquipor...@gmail.com>
Subject Services without a clearly defined Permission Mapping filter
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 08:38:38 GMT
Hello,

Following are listed some services without a clearly defined Permission
Mapping filter, based on CMIS 1.0 (
http://docs.oasis-open.org/cmis/CMIS/v1.0/errata-01/os/cmis-spec-v1.0-errata-01-os-complete.doc)
and CMIS 1.1 (
http://docs.oasis-open.org/cmis/CMIS/v1.1/cos01/CMIS-v1.1-cos01.pdf )

1) Navigation Services

    1.1) getCheckedOutDocs
the user has access to.

        I see two options:
        1.1.1) Granted to any authenticated user. (The result will be
already filtered by the user permissions related with the objects)
        1.1.2) If a folder is specified then apply the Permission Mapping
canGetDescendants.Folder
        My guess is to go for the option 1.1.2.

2) Object Services

    2.1) createDocumentFromSource
source document in the (optionally) specified location.
        My guess is that the Permission Mappings to apply would be:
        2.1.1) Always canGetProperties.Object
        2.1.2) If the object has a content stream, also apply
canViewContent.Object
        2.1.3) If the optional folder is specified, also apply
canCreateDocument.Folder

    2.2) createPolicy
        2.2.1) CMIS 1.0
            There is no Permission Mapping defined for this operation in
CMIS 1.0.
            My guess is to apply the nearest permission mapping:
canCreateDocument.Folder
        2.2.2) CMIS 1.1
            The permission mapping defined is canCreatePolicy.Folder.
            NOTE: In openCMIS 0.9.0-beta-1 this permission mapping is not
included neither in org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.enums.Action or
in org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.data.PermissionMapping
            See JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-662

    2.3) getAllowableActions
        My guess is that this should be granted to any authenticated user.

    2.4) getRenditions
specified object. Only rendition attributes are returned, not rendition
stream.
        The related Permission Mapping was removed in the errata version of
CMIS 1.0.
        My guess is to apply canGetProperties.
        NOTE: In openCMIS 0.8.x and 0.9.0-beta-1 this permission mapping is
included in org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.enums.Action but not in
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.data.PermissionMapping
        See same JIRA as in 2.2.2.

3) Discovery Services

    3.1) query
of the Repository.
        Based on the definition, all authenticated user is granted to query
all query-able.
        In our implementation, we will restrict the output to all
query-able objects whose ACL has at least one ACE for the current user. In
this way, we can be sure the user can use all the returned objects in some
way.

4) Versioning Services

    4.1) getObjectOfLatestVersion
        My guess is to apply canGetProperties.Object

    4.2) getPropertiesOfLatestVersion
Object in the Version Series.
        My guess is to apply canGetProperties.Object

Would you mind to clarify if my guessings are correct?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Jaime Porras.