chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Carlo Sciolla <carlo.scio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chunked transfer encoding
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 13:12:37 GMT
Hi Florian,

our use cases currently revolve around caching. As an example, we found out
quite some browsers fail to cache HTTP responses when encoded in chunks.
The same applies to some intermediate cache middleware between our CMIS
repository and the browser.

It would be indeed great if we had some hooks in the serialization process
to influence the HTTP details of the CMIS responses before they're sent
back to the client, at least setting headers such as Content-Length,
Cache-Control, ETag, etc.

c.

--
Carlo Sciolla

Linux User #372086
My personal blog: http://www.skuro.tk
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/skuro
<http://twitter.com/skuro>Fork me on Github: http://github.com/skuro
 <http://github.com/skuro>My LinkedIn profile:
http://nl.linkedin.com/in/carlosciolla

Product Lead at Backbase - Next Generation Portal Software for Financials &
Large Enterprises (http://www.backbase.com)