chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Andre-John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Media models?
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 19:19:33 GMT

On 2013-05-19, at 11:14 , Nick Burch <apache@gagravarr.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 May 2013, Andre-John Mas wrote:
>> I am trying to find out of any effort has already been made, for establishing any
content models for video or audio?

> How about XMP? That's what Apache Tika uses for audio and video metadata, and because
of that some ECMs which use Tika (eg Alfresco) also use something similar

I took a look at the XMP specification ( http://www.aiim.org/documents/standards/xmpspecification.pdf
) and I could not see anything with regards to video or audio. XMP seems to much more about
defining a container for storing metadata, rather than defining the metadata.

Maybe my terminology is wrong? What I am looking for are common 'schemas' for specifying video
and audio metadata. I am ware of EXIF and XPTC for images and Dublin Core for common use cases,
though nothing for video or audio. I am trying to avoid reinventing the wheel if something
is already out there.

Andre