chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Huebel, Jens" <j.hue...@sap.com>
Subject Re: Apache Chemistry JAVA client API
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 07:27:41 GMT
Hi Rajath,

can you provide some more details what's going wrong?

Regarding the In-Memory server:
If you have compiled from the sources you will find a .war in the target directory of the
InMemory project. You can simply deploy this. For Tomcat you can simply copy it to the web
app directory. I would recommend to rename it to in memory.war to get simpler URLs. As an
alternative to compiling it you can download the war directly from the release: http://chemistry.apache.org/java/download.html
(OpenCMIS Server Webapps)

You than should be able to access it wit a URL from a web browser like:
http://localhost:8080/inmemory.

and you should be able also to connect from the CMIS workbench.
Run workbench.sh or workbench.bat. In the GUI use for example Binding: Browser, URL: attp://localhost:8080/inmemory/browser
(any user name or empty, no password).
See also: http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/repositories/dev-repositories-inmemory.html
and http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/tools/dev-tools-workbench.html

Jens

From: Rajath Shashidhara <rajaths.rajaths@gmail.com<mailto:rajaths.rajaths@gmail.com>>
Date: Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2013 08:44
To: Chemistry Dev <dev@chemistry.apache.org<mailto:dev@chemistry.apache.org>>
Subject: Apache Chemistry JAVA client API

Hello everybody,

I am a GSoC'13 applicant for Apache OpenOffice.
My project is to create a new UCP for CMIS for openoffice.

I was planning to get used to Apache Chemistry so that if I'm selected for GSoC'13 it will
be easy for me to start coding right away.

I have done the following things till now:
1. I have downloaded the Java API for OpenCMIS and I have built it.
2. I have looked up some of the examples from your devguide.

I need help in the following things:
1. I have compiled the the chemistry api and I have obtained the .war file for chemistry-in
memory repository. I need the link for the help guide to run the .war file to start a local
CMIS repository. I have installed Exlipse Jetty and Apache Tomcat deployer.

2. I made my first program. I'm having some run time errors.
I need some help with that as well.

Thank you for your help in advance! Looking forward for your help in future as well for successfully
completing my GSoC project(If I'm selected!).

--
Rajath S,
M.Sc(Hons.) Physics,