chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Hind <andy.h...@alfresco.com>
Subject RE: DOTCMIS with Alfresco Ent 3.1.0 Edition
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 10:47:54 GMT
Hi Amit

Opencmis is used in Alfresco 4.0 and later.

Alfresco 3.4 has CMIS support at a different URL and with a different
implementation (and is still supported)
Alfresco 3.3 was the first release with CMIS support (CD-07) (see
http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/CMIS)

Alfresco 3.1 has some CMIS support which will correlate with an early
draft...
You will have to fall back to Alfresco web services (or web scripts which
I think arrived for 3.1)

If you are installing Alfresco why do you need 3.1.0 ?

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Amit.Tongaonkar@cognizant.com [mailto:Amit.Tongaonkar@cognizant.com]

Sent: 04 April 2013 10:21
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org; dev-help@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: DOTCMIS with Alfresco Ent 3.1.0 Edition

Hello Experts,

I need to install Alfresco Enterprise 3.1.0 and want to customize with my
.NET application. Previously, I could do the same easily with Alfresco
v4.2 and by using DOTCMIS APIs.

I am really doubtful whether DOTCMIS will work with 3.1.0 or not. If it
doesn't, then what is the best way that the .NET application can interact
with Alfresco and fetch some data?
Could someone throw light on these lines?

Appreciate for your kind help.

Thanks,
Amit
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the
sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.