chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Hind <andy.h...@alfresco.com>
Subject RE: Invalid chunk header when replacing Document contents
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:18:50 GMT
Hi Jevon

Let us know how you get on.
Please get in touch with Alfresco support - there are not that many of us
read this mailing list!
If you are out of support or using the community product you can still
raise an issue and add all the details.

I would also try using the Opencmis 0.7 client against 4.1.

Regards

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: jevon [mailto:jevon@jevon.org]
Sent: 22 April 2013 06:32
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: Re: Invalid chunk header when replacing Document contents

Hi,

We're using Alfresco Enterprise 4.1.3 (still waiting for Enterprise
4.2.x).
We are using the exact same version both in our development environments
(locally) and in our deployments (remotely).

We're currently using the BindingType.ATOMPUB Binding Type. I've tried
setting the AtomPub URL to both
http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/cmisand
http://localhost:8080/alfresco/cmisatom, no change. I can share the
connection code if necessary.

Turning on org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper=debug
displays the following log message before the exception, which makes me
agree it is not related to Alfresco.

2013-04-22 17:13:50,632  DEBUG
[repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper]
[http-8080-1]
Transaction commit failed:
   Txn:
UserTransaction[object=org.alfresco.util.transaction.SpringAwareUserTransa
ction@3b7d7d2e,
status=1]
   Iteration: 0
   Exception follows:
 java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Invalid chunk header
        at ...

The only differences I can identify between the working and broken
containers are:

* Operating system: Locally Windows 7 x64 SP1, remotely Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
* Tomcat version: Locally 7.0.23, remotely 6.0.24
* Java version: Locally 1.7.0_17, remotely 1.6.0_27

I'll deploy Java 6 & Tomcat 6 locally to see if it is a Java/Tomcat issue.
Alternatively I might need to update Tomcat 6 to 6.0.36. Right now our
workaround is deleting the file before uploading.

Thanks for the ideas and feedback!

Jevon

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM, Andrew Hind <andy.hind@alfresco.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Which version of Alfresco are you using?
> (OpenCMIS 0.8 is used in Alfresco 4.2)
>
> When you say you cannot reproduce it locally, do you mean the same
> test passes and chunking works?
> Are you using exactly the same version of Alfresco locally?
>
> It looks like it is not related to Alfresco unless there is some retry
> going on that does not work with chunking.
>
> You could try turning on debug for
> org.alfresco.repo.transaction.RetryingTransactionHelper
> to see if retrying the operation is causing the issue - then it is an
> Alfresco issue.
>
> Are you using web services?
> I have seen something similar before, related to the WS support in the
> container.
> Can you use AtomPub instead?
>
> What is different between the container where it is OK and where it
> breaks?
>
> Andy

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.
> java:233)
>         at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.
> java:191)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.ja
> va:1
> 27)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.ja
> va:1
> 02)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValv
> e.ja
> va:109)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java
> :298
> )
>         at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)