chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Brown <jay.br...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Java 5 support
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 15:59:58 GMT

Checking around on this...

Jay Brown
Senior Engineer, ECM Development
IBM Software Group
jay.brown@us.ibm.com

  From:       Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org>

  To:         <dev@chemistry.apache.org>,

  Date:       04/09/2013 02:03 AM

  Subject:    [DISCUSSION] Java 5 support

 Hi all,

 Today, OpenCMIS supports Java 5 and later. I'd like to discuss if we
 still need Java 5 support or if we can drop it.

 We have made a few compromises in OpenCMIS to support Java 5
 (especially around Web Services) and implemented stuff ourselves that is
 part of Java 6 and later (for example the cookie handling). Getting rid
 of the Java 5 support could simplify the OpenCMIS code base in a few
 places.

 Java 5 reached end of live in 2009. Do you feel that it is still
 relevant for OpenCMIS users?

 - Florian