chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From andrew chang <ctctch...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: PHP CMIS Library to add mechanism - create rendition
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:04:24 GMT
Hi, Martin:

     I deeply appreciate your reply, and sorry for I don't know how to
reply on that mailing list directly, so I write again to the mailing list.
     I read the "Rendition Service" from
http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Rendition_Service, and it looks like we can
use this service to create the rendition (thumbnail) on the fly. From the
samples mentioned in this page, we can create JAVA/Javascript code in
server side to create the thumbnail. (?) Therefore, if we use JavaScript,
we can put the script in the folder of the server as a rule to be triggered
to created the rendition every time we need. If we use JAVA, we have to put
the code in the server side, and execute it every time we need. (?)
     I am new in this field, and just would like to make sure, in order to
create the rendition (thumbnail) on the fly, we always need to setup the
program (written by JAVA/JavaScript) in server side and trigger/call it to
execute. We cannot at the client side, and send something like CMIS query
to create the rendition (thumbnail) ?

     Thank you very much for your help.

Andrew

>From "Hermes, Martin" <martin.her...@sap.com>  Subject RE: PHP CMIS Library
to add mechanism - create rendition  Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 06:08:27 GMT

Hi Andrew,
Renditions in CMIS are always generated by the server. They cannot be
created by the client.

Best Regards,
Martin