chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Carlo Sciolla <carlo.scio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Java 5 support
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 09:39:35 GMT
Hi there,

2013/4/9 Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org>

> Java 5 reached end of live in 2009. Do you feel that it is still relevant
> for OpenCMIS users?

I hate to ask for pulling the brake here, but Backbase for one is heavily
using OpenCMIS and can't afford to drop Java5 support quite yet. It would
be nice for us if you could retain support for it for now. We are already
discussing to remove Java5 from our supported stacks, but we still have
numerous customers in different sectors (banking, telco) with production
environments on Java5, so that the transition might be slow.

c.

--
Carlo Sciolla

Linux User #372086
My personal blog: http://www.skuro.tk
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/skuro
<http://twitter.com/skuro>Fork me on Github: http://github.com/skuro
 <http://github.com/skuro>My LinkedIn profile:
http://nl.linkedin.com/in/carlosciolla

Product Lead at Backbase - Next Generation Portal Software for Financials &
Large Enterprises (http://www.backbase.com)