chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Returned ObjectId on check in (WS vs. AtomPub)
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:16:48 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Tim Webster <tim.webster@gmail.com> wrote:
> This allows client
> application to avoid having to do another fetch from the repository to get
> the PWC.

I don't understand your use case at all. A checkin is an action
*about* the PWC, that basically requires rights on it, so in what
circumstances would a client not have access to its ID anyway?

> One of my current business scenarios requires me to check in the latest
> major version (LMV) of a document (because we don't make the PWC available
> to the client).

Huh? Could you detail that? If the client doesn't have access to the
PWC then what is the PWC good for?

Regards,
Florent