chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: Returned ObjectId on check in (WS vs. AtomPub)
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:38:19 GMT
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Tim Webster <tim.webster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Picture a query result set within our client application, similar to what
> you'd see in the CMIS Workbench. In it, the user doesn't want to 'see' the
> PWC if a document is checked out, they only want to see the LMV.  So on
> checkout, we don't send the PWC to the client. To do a check in, we need to
> then fetch the PWC (if we're using WS).

Sorry if I seem obtuse, but if the client doesn't see the PWC then why
would he want to do a checkin? The checkin is basically saying "I'm
done with the PWC", right?

(Just trying to get to the bottom of this because it's always
important to me to discover and understand new use cases in document
managements systems, especially around versioning.)

Florent