chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Webster <tim.webs...@gmail.com>
Subject Returned ObjectId on check in (WS vs. AtomPub)
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:44:11 GMT
Hi All,

I've noticed that the ObjectId returned from a check-in operation is
different depending on the binding type used.

If atompub is used, the check in operation will always return the the 'new'
objectId (i.e. the object ID of the new version that is being created by
the check in).

If webservices is used, the check in operation will always return the
objectId of the Document that is being checked in.

I've tested both scenarios using the following inputs as the document to
check in:

- v1.0 of the document
- latest major version of the document
- PWC of the document

I initially thought this might be a bug in the CMIS repository
implementation I'm using (IBM FileNet P8), as the Chemistry client code
seems to just return what is returned from the server.  However the same
behavior exists in OpenCMIS InMemory Server as well.

It would be odd if this was a bug AND showing up in two different
implementations.

I couldn't see anything in the spec regarding this, so am now wondering if
I've missed something or if in fact this is a problem with the Chemistry
client somehow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim