chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Webster <tim.webs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Returned ObjectId on check in (WS vs. AtomPub)
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:30:27 GMT
Hi Florent,

Picture a query result set within our client application, similar to what
you'd see in the CMIS Workbench. In it, the user doesn't want to 'see' the
PWC if a document is checked out, they only want to see the LMV.  So on
checkout, we don't send the PWC to the client. To do a check in, we need to
then fetch the PWC (if we're using WS).

Don't get me wrong, this issue isn't preventing us from delivering a
solution.  There are several easy workarounds, including returning the PWC
as you say (but then we'd have to hide certain details, etc), returning the
PWC ID with the PMV, etc. There are levels of translation between CMIS and
proprietary document objects that need to occur which complicates it and I
don't really want to get into that.

Basically I just wanted to highlight the differences in behavior between WS
and AtomPub bindings on the server implementations.  They shouldn't be
different.  How this is reconciled I'm not too bothered about, as long as
it's consistent :-)

Tim

--
Check out my wine blog: http://timswineblog.blogspot.com/