chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tck - versionSeriesId
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:47:47 GMT
 Hi Michael,

 For versionable documents this check is correct. For non-versionable
 documents the spec allows using the same Version Series Id for multiple
 documents. I have changed the check from reporting a failure message to
 an info message in this case.
 However, we have seen clients that used the Version Series Id to
 correlate documents without checking if they are versionable or not.
 Those applications get confused when they find that all non-versionable
 documents belong to the same version series. Therefore, repositories
 should always provide a unique Version Series Id, even if the spec
 doesn't require it.

 - Florian