chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Schmidt <peter.schm...@alfresco.com>
Subject [Objective-CMIS] Regular meeting 4 Feb - Summary
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:18:02 GMT
This is relating to the Objective-CMIS group of the chemistry project:
http://chemistry.apache.org/objective-c/objectivecmis.html

Meeting Minutes from 4 February 2013

Participants:
Florian M, Peter E, Gi L, Gavin C, Peter S

Agenda:
* Coding standards
* future releases

Conclusions:

   - the expectation is that we would always get a GREEN build (i.e.
   compile and unit tests pass) from the main trunk of the ObjectiveCMIS
   project. Developers are advised to create a branch on the SVN repo for
   major changes
   - Coding Standard/Practices (this will be made public on the
   ObjectiveCMIS HTML pages in due course)
      - method names and parameters should follow Apple standards where
      possible. This includes omitting prefixes such as "with", "and". E.g. a
      method with parameter withHttpMethod should change into *httpMethod*
      - use dot notation for properties
      - omit @synthesize consistently (it is no longer required since 5.1)
      - use literals where we can - while ensuring that we don't
      accidentally pass in nil values (which would crash apps)
      - within methods we use curly brackets on same line. For methods, we
      use curly brackets on new lines
   - Future changes
      - enable the use of custom network requests rather than the default
      provided within the library. (possibly the same for file IO)
      - clean up code to follow coding conventions defined above
      - HTTP Requests should all have the ability to be cancelled - at the
      moment this only holds for up-/down-load requests
      - add support for redirects

Next meeting will be Monday 18 Feb at 4:30pm UK time

--
Kind regards
Peter

*Peter Schmidt*