chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Andre-John Mas <aj...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: OpenCMIS and REST+JSON interface?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:38:17 GMT
Thanks all for this information. I'll experiment with this and see how well it works for me.

On 2013-02-15, at 10:49 , Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Andre,
>
> The OpenCMIS InMemory server provides a demo page that shows how a JavaScript application
in a browser can talk to a CMIS 1.1 repository (source code is here: [1]).
> At SAP we have a product that does exactly that. The web interface talks directly to
the CMIS repository and performs all the basic operations you would expect from a content
management client.
> It is already there and working. :)
>

> Florian
>

> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/chemistry/opencmis/trunk/chemistry-opencmis-server/chemistry-opencmis-server-bindings/src/main/webapp/web/index.html
>

>> There a "rest" interface in cmis 1.1, called the browser binding.
>> It has been available for a while in opencmis in "beta".
>> It is not pure rest however (all updates are POST)
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Andre-John Mas <ajmas@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been wondering for a while whether there would be a need to provide an
OpenCMIS interface in REST+JSON, for use in web browsers? One scenario I have as an example
is for a media UI, written in Javascript, but communicating with the server using an OpenCMIS
REST+JSON interface. You can look at the new Jira 5 REST API, at ways it could be approached.