chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Bindu Wavell <bi...@ziaconsulting.com>
Subject Updating connection in CMIS Workbench does not appear to affect an already running Groovy Console
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 22:05:53 GMT
I've been doing some performance testing using the various CMIS bindings for Alfresco. I'm
using Workbench 0.8 against Alfresco Enterprise 4.1.2 (and 4.1.2.8). I have the following
simple test script:

---
import org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.api.*
import groovy.time.*

Date start = new Date();
println start;

OperationContext ctx = session.createOperationContext();
println session.getObjectByPath("/Google Legal DMS/M&A Projects/My Project/Forms").getChildren(ctx).getTotalNumItems();

Date stop = new Date();
println stop;

TimeDuration td = TimeCategory.minus( stop, start )
println td

println "DONE";
---

For the longest time it appeared to me that all 4 binding options I could test 3.x AtomPub,
3.x Web Services, 4.x AtomPub and 4.x Web Services all performed the same. When I started
testing later I'd still see all of the performance being the same, but it might be significantly
different than it was earlier in the day. What I have discovered is that if I quit Workbench
and create one of these connections, open the console and run my script. I see consistent
performance for that binding. If I quit and restart Workbench and use a different binding,
open a console and run the same script, I consistently see different performance.

So now I can get a handle on the performance differences between the bindings, but I can't
just click the Connection toolbar button and switch bindings, I have to fully quit Workbench
and restart to switch bindings.

-- Bindu