chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating connection in CMIS Workbench does not appear to affect an already running Groovy Console
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 19:26:33 GMT
Hi Bindu,

The console window inherits the session from the Workbench. When you
reconnect with the Workbench, the old console windows still use the old
sessions.
When you open a new console window after a reconnect, the new window
uses the new session. It is not necessary to completely quit the Workbench.

Florian

> I've been doing some performance testing using the various CMIS bindings for Alfresco.
I'm using Workbench 0.8 against Alfresco Enterprise 4.1.2 (and 4.1.2.8). I have the following
simple test script:

> ---
> import org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.api.*
> import groovy.time.*
>
> Date start = new Date();
> println start;
>
> OperationContext ctx = session.createOperationContext();
> println session.getObjectByPath("/Google Legal DMS/M&A Projects/My Project/Forms").getChildren(ctx).getTotalNumItems();
>
> Date stop = new Date();
> println stop;
>
> TimeDuration td = TimeCategory.minus( stop, start )
> println td
>
> println "DONE";
> ---
>
> For the longest time it appeared to me that all 4 binding options I could test 3.x AtomPub,
3.x Web Services, 4.x AtomPub and 4.x Web Services all performed the same. When I started
testing later I'd still see all of the performance being the same, but it might be significantly
different than it was earlier in the day. What I have discovered is that if I quit Workbench
and create one of these connections, open the console and run my script. I see consistent
performance for that binding. If I quit and restart Workbench and use a different binding,
open a console and run the same script, I consistently see different performance.

> So now I can get a handle on the performance differences between the bindings, but I
can't just click the Connection toolbar button and switch bindings, I have to fully quit Workbench
and restart to switch bindings.