chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Monks <pmo...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Javascript Library?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 22:27:09 GMT
G'day Florian,

Are you saying the browser binding does something itself to get around the browser single-origin
sandbox, or does the CMIS server need to support additional mechanisms (e.g. CORS [1]) in
order for this to work?

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/

On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:02 AM, Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>
> The CMIS 1.1 Browser Binding has been designed to host a JavaScript application on a
different host/domain than the CMIS repository.
> The spec defines how to get and send data and content from and to the repository, how
to login a user, how to prevent CSRF issues, etc. with just plain JavaScript. A library like
jQuery makes it easier, but is not required.

> With the Browser Binding it is possible to create a JavaScript application and later
hook it up any CMIS 1.1 compliant repository wherever it is hosted.