chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Brown <jay.br...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AW: Open Dot CMIS Query
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 14:15:08 GMT
That object ID that you are using in your example is native P8 GUID instead
of a P8 CMIS object ID.

Generally you need to obtain the id of the document from CMIS via Query or
some soft of navigation operation (like getFolderChildren) then retrieve
the Id to examine the object.

For example you would first get the root folder id from the repository info
then use that as your navigation starting point.

If you need to convert a native GUID to a P8 CMIS id you will need to strip
off the '{' 's and add the type prefix.  (note this method is not supported
since the spec requires that you tread ids as opaque identifiers.)
P8 CMIS ids look like this: (idf_ for folders idd_ for docuuments)
   idf_BAD138F0-8BCA-4A1D-A000-0E182A34B3D9
 idd_A3AD74A0-EB00-43AF-BED4-76B113563D08

Note: The book "CMIS and Apache Chemistry in Action" from Manning covers
all of these CMIS issues in detail.  (http://www.manning.com/mueller/)

Jay Brown
Senior Engineer, ECM Development
IBM Software Group
jay.brown@us.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |prashant patel <prashant.patel@datamatics.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |kus@bel-it.de,

|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |Kaushik Choudhari <kaushik.choudhari@datamatics.com>, "dev@chemistry.apache.org"
<dev@chemistry.apache.org>                                       |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |11/01/2012 02:27 AM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: AW: Open Dot CMIS Query

Hi,

We have changed our code to work with AtomPub instead of web service. Now
we are able to connect to repository and create session but when we try to
find folder/document  from repository, it says "Not Found".

Here is the code snippet that we are using.

 // Dictionary object which will hold various paramaters
 Dictionary<string, string> oParameters = new Dictionary<string, string>();

 oParameters[SessionParameter.BindingType] = BindingType.AtomPub;
 oParameters[SessionParameter.AtomPubUrl] = "
https://p851-kaushik.p851domain.com:9443/fncmis/resources/Service";

 oParameters[SessionParameter.User] = "P8Admin";
 oParameters[SessionParameter.Password] = "******";

  // Create new instance of SessionFactory class
 SessionFactory oFactory = SessionFactory.NewInstance();

ISession oSession = oFactory.GetRepositories(oParameters)[0].CreateSession
();

 // Get Document using ObjectID
 IDocument oDocument = oSession.GetObject
("{D234E670-74E2-4A75-ABB4-BAAFB001F029}") as IDocument;

Any help on this one will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashant Patel.