chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Brown <jay.br...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: FW: AW: Open Dot CMIS Query
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 16:34:46 GMT
Not sure I understand the problem about the dll.    The 'getting started
with dotCMIS' page here:

     http://chemistry.apache.org/dotnet/getting-started-with-dotcmis.html

has an simple example showing how to create a document and specify the
document subclass that you wish to create.

Here is the example with the pertinent line highlighted.  (below)

If you have (for example a doc subclass who's id = invoice_doc then the
line would read:

	properties[PropertyIds.ObjectTypeId] = "invoice_doc";

Creating a document
IFolder folder = ...

IDictionary<string, object> properties = new Dictionary<string, object>();
properties[PropertyIds.Name] = "Hello World Document";
properties[PropertyIds.ObjectTypeId] = "cmis:document";

byte[] content = UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("Hello World!");

ContentStream contentStream = new ContentStream();
contentStream.FileName = "hello-world.txt";
contentStream.MimeType = "text/plain";
contentStream.Length = content.Length;
contentStream.Stream = new MemoryStream(content);

IDocument doc = folder.CreateDocument(properties, contentStream, null);

Jay Brown
Senior Engineer, ECM Development
IBM Software Group
jay.brown@us.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Kaushik" <kaushik.choudhari@datamatics.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Jay Brown/Costa Mesa/IBM@IBMUS,

|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |<dev@chemistry.apache.org>, <kus@bel-it.de>, "'prashant patel'" <prashant.patel@datamatics.com>,
<kaushik.choudhari@datamatics.com>               |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |11/02/2012 05:11 AM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |RE: FW: AW: Open Dot CMIS Query

Hi,

We were able to get the getObject function working along with the Update
properties function.

But when we are creating the document using the createDocument function, we
need to create document of specific document class and not of a general
document class.

We are not able to get this function in the dll. Please help us to resolve
this issue.

 Thanks and Regards,
 Kaushik Choudhari
 Information Management Practice