chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From me <dave8...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenCMIS client cache documentation and tracing
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 06:42:50 GMT
I need to tune to support many concurrent OpenCMIS sessions and caches.

   1. Is there documentation of OpenCMIS tuning and caching other than the
   links at the bottom?
   2. Are there best practice relationships between the CACHE*
   SessionParameters?  For example, if CACHE_SIZE_OBJECTS is set to 50% of
   its default value, CACHE_SIZE_LINKS should not be set to 10% of its default
   value.
   3. Can tracing be enabled in order to monitor the cache's heap usage and
    activity?  The max number of objects in the cache can be controlled via
   CACHE_SIZE_OBJECTS, but I assume the memory used is dependent on number of
   properties and value sizes.
   4. Are Session, its cache, and other OpenCMIS objects thread-safe?  If
   so, I assume a web app can reduce cache memory usage by multiplexing
   concurrent browser sessions with same repository user and password onto
   a single OpenCMIS Session.
   5. Is there anyway to disable caching (just for testing) other than to
   call setCacheEnabled on each OperationContext?  Does creating a Session
   with CACHE_SIZE_OBJECTS=0 disable caching?

Thank you.

[1] http://chemistry.apache.org/java/how-to/how-to-tune-perfomance.html
[2] http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/dev-client-cache.html
[3] http://chemistry.apache.org/java/developing/dev-session-parameters.html