chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject OpenCMIS and CMIS 1.1
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:05:56 GMT
 Hi,

 The CMIS 1.1 specification is now stable. The public review ended about
 two weeks ago. That is, nothing material can be changed anymore.

 OpenCMIS already supports the CMIS 1.1 Browser Binding. To complete the
 CMIS 1.1 support, we would have to add a few new operations and
 constants.

 My vision is to support CMIS 1.0 and CMIS 1.1 with the same client
 library and the same server framework. The client should automatically
 adapt to the CMIS version of the repository. The server framework should
 be able provide endpoints for both CMIS versions.

 The alternative is to provide separate libraries for each CMIS version.
 That would make the internal implementation simpler, but I think that
 would be more cumbersome for OpenCMIS users.

 Any thoughts?

 Thanks,

 Florian