chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Hava <brianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document created but VERY slowly
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 16:27:28 GMT
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm using the AtomPub binding (sorry for not mentioning that
initially).

Looks like when this code executes:

doc = targetFolder.CreateDocument(properties, contentStream, null);
I get the following http requests:

GET 15:00:23 GMT:/cmis/resources/repositories/[repositoryID]/types/[custom_object_type_id]

POST 15:15:13 GMT: /cmis/resources/repositories/[repositoryID]/objects/0c01ba9d8013677d/children?versioningState=none

The response from the GET is a very large XML file (347K!). In it are all the custom properties
and their available values for our custom object type.

I checked with my Documentum support guy, and in the logs he didn't see any activity on the
Documentum side during the 15 minute period between the 2 requests. Is it possible that the
processing of this large XML file is causing the delay?

I think I've read that there is a properties filter that I can set somewhere before making
my request...is that where I could specify the properties I care about, and hopefully reduce
the size of that response?

Thanks again for the help.

On Oct 19, 2012, at 4:10 AM, Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> I have no experiences using DotCMIS with Documentum, but from a DotCMIS perspective the
object types doesn't matter. It is just a different string in the XML.
> Which binding (AtomPub or Web Services) did you use? Can you record the traffic between
your application and Documentum (e.g using Fiddler)? Can you see which call is stuck?

> Btw. Creating a small document should take far less than a second. Other repositories
can create a small text file via CMIS in 100ms.