chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Streit <mcs...@gmail.com>
Subject question on Folder and Document info via CMIS
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:21:57 GMT
Hello

I have a question that has been raised about how to get the *number *of
cmis:Document objects in a cmis:Folder object and also how much space
(bytes) is being consumed by that cmis:Folder object.

The use case here is each "client" storing information on the ECM being
used (application is using OpenCMIS Java API) to persist and retrieve
documents to the ECM.  Each has its own Folder and stores its respective
Document objects.

The closest thing I can envision is to run a SELECT * FROM cmis:document
WHERE IN_FOLDER("some_folder_id")

   1. Then get the size of the ItemIterable<QueryResult> queryResult for
   the count
   2. Then iterate over the list and the ContentStreamLength property value
   and add it to an accumlator

The notion of SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cmis:document WHERE
IN_FOLDER("some_folder_id") is not supported in CMIS SQL AFAIK.  As for
cumulative bytes representing the consumed space of the document count,
this is the only thing that seemed possible.

Is there some feature we may not be leveraging?

Thanks in advance.

Mark