chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Streit <mcs...@gmail.com>
Subject support for adding List<Object> to cmis:Document
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:45:12 GMT
I have seen a few threads on a similar topic so pardon if this is
duplicated.

First off, I know that this is completely dependent on the ECM product
supporting this.  2 ECM products are being considered - SharePoint 2010 (or
possibly 2013) and Alfresco 4

Second this an all Java implementation from the client side.  Here is the
scenario.

We can currently add properties to *cmis:Document* .... let's say for
simplicity, we add:

categoryCode, type=String
subCategoryCode, type=String
displayName, type=String
employeeID, type=String

This works fine in both products - in one case, AF4, you extend the model
with an XML configuration file whereas in Sharepoint, you can use the
Library Admin page to add fields of various types to the current document
model.  So far, so good.

Now, we have a use case, where we need these same 4 properties, PLUS a
List<UserNote> where:

UserNote:

id, type=long
date, type=Calendar
noteText, type=String

As I see it we have to 1) define the UserNote object in the ECM backend
somehow and 2) add this List<UserNote> property to the cmis:Document.  What
they are looking to do is to keep the history of these notes made by the
user on this Document whenever they retrieve it to edit, etc.  Not trying
to reproduce version control as much as attaching these ad-hoc notes
managed on the Document.

My 2 questions are:

   - Can the CMIS APIs support this use case?
   - If so, can anyone suggest an example or point to document showing
   something similar to this?

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.

--
Mark
* *