chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Streit <mcs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: support for adding List<Object> to cmis:Document
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 18:31:09 GMT
Hi Jeff

Thanks for the quick response (seems to be common on this list which is
really appreciated).

I see what you are saying.  Not sure if it is quite along the idea the team
was thinking of for this application.  The notion of being able to
model a *UserNote
*object and hold a List<> of them as part of the single cmis:Document
instance was really the desired approach.

The custom web front end being developed presents 2 of the 4 items, say

categoryCode, type=String
subCategoryCode, type=String

as drop downs the user selects from - we control the values with a
configuration file.  When the document is added or updated, these
properties are then set and saved to the back-end ECM via openCMIS (only
one objectId for the Document is involved).  This has worked just fine.

Now the UI design has been altered to allow a free-form text input
field...input text box allows the user to enter a "note". The intent is to
to add this note to a persistent *list* of notes that rides around on the
cmis:Document instance - when the save button is pressed, the note is added
to the list.  There is also a history link let's say, where the user clicks
- and a this now, non-editable, list pops up showing the history.

Does that help better illustrate?

Thanks again.

*
*