chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Desai, Ashish (CGI Federal)" <ashish.de...@cgifederal.com>
Subject Apache Chemistry - compatibility with Apache CXF
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:24:10 GMT
Hello,

We are currently using Apache Chemistry(0.6.0) to communicate with Alfresco (4.0.1).
Chemistry internally seems to use JAX-WS Reference Implementation (jax-ws-rt-2.1.7.jar)  as
the WS service provider.
Our project architecture is using Apache CXF elsewhere in the architecture.  We are starting
to run into issues because of this usage of two different stacks (Apache CXF and jax-ws-rt.2.1.7.jar),
when it comes to using them in the same Java container.

I was wondering if there was any way to make Apache Chemistry work with Apache CXF?

I tried changing the SPI using the system property  -Djavax.xml.ws.spi.Provider=org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl,
 but soon found out that the chemistry source code is specifically looking for Sun implementation
classes like - com.sun.xml.ws.developer.WSBindingProvider

I see the following posts from Florian Muller that indicate that some work has been done,
but it looks like a point in time fix that was provided for that specific scenario.

http://dev.day.com/discussion-groups/content/lists/cmis-chemistry/2011-01/2011-01-14__OpenCMIS_Incompatibility_with_CXF_kmvgejegno.html

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/chemistry-dev/201101.mbox/%3C4D346498.2030706@alfresco.com%3E

Please let me know if any further pointers are available that I may have missed.