chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Mano Swerts <m.swe...@aca-it.be>
Subject Folder not found when using CMIS for large batch
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:53:49 GMT
Hi all,

We are using CMIS 0.5.0 to connect to an Alfresco 3.4.2 instance. We
created a custom web application which uses Alfresco under the covers using
the CMIS API.

We also have a web service entry point in our application which is used by
an external party to upload documents. They execute daily batches against
this web service of thousands of documents in 5 threads. Every web service
call then uses CMIS to upload the document to a folder in Alfresco.

We noticed that after a while we got CMIS exceptions:

org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisObjectNotFoundException:
> Unknown object!
>         at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.throwLinkException(AbstractAtomPubService.java:230)
>         at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.ObjectServiceImpl.createDocument(ObjectServiceImpl.java:89)
>         at
> org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.createDocument(SessionImpl.java:650)
>         at
> be.idewe.park.repository.impl.DocumentRepositoryImpl.createDocument(DocumentRepositoryImpl.java:64)
>         at
> be.idewe.park.service.impl.DocumentServiceImpl.uploadDocument(DocumentServiceImpl.java:102)
>         ... 57 more

It seems that CMIS suddenly cannot find the folder anymore in which we want
to upload the document. It still exists though. Extra logging also shows
that the correct folder ID is still passed to the CMIS call. Has anybody
had any experience with this and a lot of (simultaneous) document creations
through CMIS?

When navigating through the ObjectServiceImpl class I see that fetching of
the folder fails and that it uses a cache whenever possible to retrieve the
link. I see some kind of lock mechanism in the code to read this cache.
Could that be a potential problem?

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mano Swerts