chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Null Pointer Exception when combine with JAX-WS Client
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 20:34:28 GMT
Ron,

Could please close your bug report in the Apache Chemistry JIRA (this still is a Weblogic
bug;-)) and open an improvement issue for a Weblogic version?
I will tackle it as soon as I can, so that we can include it into the OpenCMIS 0.8.0 release.
For the time being, I hope you can survive with your "custom build".

- Florian

> Florian,
>
> Thanks for the through explanation.
>
> And yes, I would be more than happy to help you work through a Weblogic solution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron DiFrango

(handling SOAP headers, etc.) a JAX-WS implementation to keep the whole message in memory.
That works fine with a small amount of data but fails in a content management use-case when
huge documents should be transferred. OpenCMIS can handle documents that are much larger than
the available main memory by streaming the content. We avoid all circumstances that require
that the message must be loaded in main memory.

> All JAX-WS implementers are aware of these shortcomings and all JAX-WS stacks provide
workarounds and proprietary interfaces to overcome these problems. Since they are all different,
we had to settle on one stack. When we started OpenCMIS in 2009 we knew from previous projects
that the Sun stack could do what we need.

> Later there was a demand for a Web Sphere version that uses Web Spheres proprietary extensions.
So we build it.

> We know that OpenCMIS has been used with Weblogic, but we never heard of the problem
that you have reported. If you are willing to help us testing (I don't have access to a Weblogic
server), we could also build a Weblogic version of OpenCMIS.

> - Florian
>

>> Florian,
>>
>> We "built a custom" version of this jar file without that file and it worked.  Why
do you call for a specific implementation provider and just not utilize the default container
provided one?

>> I see that in the 0.7.0 branch there is a Websphere specific binding jar, why not
produce one that is specific to WLS?

>> Our preference is to have an official release, not some custom one, if we can at
all avoid that.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ron DiFrango

. If you remove it from the jar, OpenCMIS will not insist on using the Sun JAX-WS implementation.
This might break the Web Services binding implementation, but maybe the AtomPub binding works
with this fix.
>> Since I don't have a Weblogic server, I cannot test it. That's my best guess at the
moment.

>> - Florian
>>

>>> I just submitted ticket CMIS-542 and Florian asked me to move the discussion
to the mailing list.  To summarize my ticket:

>>> I am working on a project where we have JAX-WS client that are compile with wsimport
from Weblogic 10.3.2 or 10.3.5. We are now trying to integrate the Chemistry API's into the
mix and when we do, we get the following exception when we attempt to bind JAX-WS compiled
clients, we get an NPE
>>> at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:161).
>>>
>>> The minute I remove the JAR file chemistry-opencmis-client-bindings, my JAX-WS
client code starts working again, so something in that jar file is causing a conflict with
WLS.