chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Null Pointer Exception when combine with JAX-WS Client
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:22:53 GMT
Hi Ron,

I still think this a Weblogic bug that we cannot solve in OpenCMIS. But maybe we can work
around it.

The chemistry-opencmis-client-bindings jar contains the file /META-INF/services/javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider
. If you remove it from the jar, OpenCMIS will not insist on using the Sun JAX-WS implementation.
This might break the Web Services binding implementation, but maybe the AtomPub binding works
with this fix.
Since I don't have a Weblogic server, I cannot test it. That's my best guess at the moment.

- Florian

> I just submitted ticket CMIS-542 and Florian asked me to move the discussion to the mailing
list.  To summarize my ticket:

> I am working on a project where we have JAX-WS client that are compile with wsimport
from Weblogic 10.3.2 or 10.3.5. We are now trying to integrate the Chemistry API's into the
mix and when we do, we get the following exception when we attempt to bind JAX-WS compiled
clients, we get an NPE
> at javax.xml.ws.Service.getPort(Service.java:161).
>
> The minute I remove the JAR file chemistry-opencmis-client-bindings, my JAX-WS client
code starts working again, so something in that jar file is causing a conflict with WLS.