chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Get the list of metadata properties for a CMIS repository
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:32:58 GMT
Hi Alex,

The following line of code returns all property definitions of a type:

Map<String, PropertyDefinition<?>> propDefs = session.getTypeDefinition("your:type").getPropertyDefinitions()
(Replace "your:type" with the object type id you want to use.)

You can discover which object types are available by calling session.getTypeChildren(...)
and getTypeDescendants(...).

Florian

> Hello,
> We are currently developing connectors to enable publishing documents to CMIS compliant
systems along with document properties. I would like to know how to retrieve the list of this
properties before uploading a document, not after the document is uploaded.

> Another question is how can we handle with OpenCMIS the properties that are set by an
Content Type like in SharePoint.