chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Developer CMIS" <developer.c...@gmx.de>
Subject Update and extended properties
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:32:56 GMT
Hello,

I´m facing two problems.

1:
I´m using DotCMIS and I´m trying to update properties of a document. Sounds simple, and
by using following Code to update folder properties for example it works fine:

[code]
ObjectId id = session.CreateObjectId("objectid");
ICmisObject object = session.GetObject(id) as IFolder;

IDictionary<string, object> properties = new Dictionary<string, object>();
Properties[PropertyIds.Name] = "newName";

object.UpdateProperties(properties,true);
[/code]

As far as I understand this code should work fine with documents as well. But when I perform
following Code, nothing happens to my document. does anyone know why? (FYI when I use CMIS
workbench to update the document´s properties i do not have a field for name. But I have
properties with the ID {ExternalDate} or {ExternalName}) unfortunately I don´t know what
that means :/

[code]
ObjectId id = session.CreateObjectId("objectid");
ICmisObject object = session.GetObject(id) as IDocument;

IDictionary<string, object> properties = new Dictionary<string, object>();
Properties[PropertyIds.Name] = "newName";

object.UpdateProperties(properties,true);
[/code]

2:
Despite of the common cmis:properties , I´d like to adress the extended Properties like {ExternalDate}
or {ExternalName}. How do I do that?

Plz help
regards