chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Ajaz Rana <ranaa...@hotmail.com>
Subject FW: CMIS Bridge
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 13:00:34 GMT
This is an excellent idea. We were thinking of developing something similar with Spring to
with key drivers to:

(i)- manage OpenCMIS objects,

(ii)- use MVC scaffolding to develop views for multiple devices based on the caller, and

(iii)- fine grain authorization (through interception). In our industry Role based authorization
falls apart.

Thanks for sharing your work.

Ajaz

Feed: dev@chemistry.apache.org Archives
Posted on: Friday, May 11, 2012 6:38 AM
Author: Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org>
Subject: CMIS Bridge

  Hi all,   We have built something that we would like to contribute to OpenCMIS.   We have
called it the CMIS Bridge.   The CMIS Bridge acts like a proxy between a CMIS client and a
CMIS   repository. This proxy can intercept CMIS requests and manipulate the   data that goes
in and out.   Here are a few use cases for the CMIS Bridge:  - Binding changes. For example,
a repository with a broken Web Services   binding implementation can use the bridge to accept
Web Services calls   and turn them into AtomPub calls. And vice versa, of course.  - Repositories
that don't implement the browser binding yet can use it   as a quick way to provide the browser
binding.  - The bridge can also host a web application that uses the browser   binding without
the hassle of dealing with the same-origin policy in web   browsers.  - It can be used as
a repository filter. It may only allow access to a   few but not all repositories that a server
exposes.  - The bridge may handle authentication mechanisms that the target   repository cannot
handle. The combination of the browser binding and   OAuth comes to mind.  - Objects and properties
can be hidden and virtual objects and   properties can be added on the fly.  - Objects can
be enriched on the fly. For example, when a client   uploads a MP3 file the bridge can extract
the MP3 metadata and adds them   before the object is created on the target repository.  -
Folder structures and templates can be created on the fly.  - It can be used in protect a
repository. For example, the repository   could run behind a firewall and the bridge resides
in the DMZ.   There are probably many more use cases.    The current implementation is quite
basic. It works, but there is a lot   of room for improvement and optimization. This is something
we want to   do over the next weeks and months.   Are there any objections to add this to
OpenCMIS?    Thanks,   Florian

View article... <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/chemistry-dev/201205.mbox/%3ca5da8d74ef52421398a4e944b3e843a2-EhVcXl9JQQFXRwQFDQkEXR0wfgZLV15fQUBFBEFYXS9ZUF0WWlloB11LX15YLkQBXFxeQ1pTUQo=-webmailer2@server05.webmailer.hosteurope.de%3e>