chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Ashley <iash...@opentext.com>
Subject Creating unfiled documents using the AtomPub binding
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 11:08:19 GMT
Dear all,

I seem to remember asking this a while ago but was just seeing anything has been done about
it.

It doesn't seem to be possible to create unfiled documents using the AtomPub binding. We get
the following exception

Caused by: org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.exceptions.CmisInvalidArgumentException:
Object id must be set!
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.getLink(AbstractAtomPubService.java:151)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.AbstractAtomPubService.loadLink(AbstractAtomPubService.java:169)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.bindings.spi.atompub.ObjectServiceImpl.createDocument(ObjectServiceImpl.java:87)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.createDocument(SessionImpl.java:716)
at org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.client.runtime.SessionImpl.createDocument(SessionImpl.java:819)

I seem to remember that this was caused by a "feature" of the specification.

We are using release 0.6.0. Do you know if this has been addressed in the 0.7.0 release, it
wasn't mentioned in the release note?

Regards,
Ian