chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dotCMIS Architecture
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:55:21 GMT
Ho José,

The ObjectFactory transforms raw data from the repository into nice, object-oriented objects.
In most cases, you don't have to touch it. You don't have to even know what it is. The default
implementation transforms the data according to the CMIS specification.

However, some repositories send additional data and CMIS specification allows that. Since
the default ObjectFactory doesn't know this data it doesn't transform it. So, an application
using DotCMIS would never see it. That's totally fine for generic applications.

But some applications actually want to deal with that extra data. In this case DotCMIS needs
an IObjectFactory instance that understands this additional data.

A non-default IObjectFactory implementation can be supplied in two ways:

1. As a session parameter like this (see [1]):
parameters[SessionParameter.ObjectFactoryClass] = "some.other.ObjectFactory.classname";

2. Via the session factory with this method:
CreateSession(IDictionary<string, string> parameters, IObjectFactory objectFactory,
AbstractAuthenticationProvider authenticationProvider, ICache cache)

Does this help?

- Florian

[1] http://chemistry.apache.org/dotnet/session-parameters.html