chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <f...@apache.org>
Subject Setting an ACL
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 08:20:54 GMT
 Hi,

 CMIS defines the applyAcl service to change the ACL of an object.
 Unfortunately, there are subtle differences between the two bindings
 that can cause confusion.

 Therefore, I propose we add a setAcl() method to OpenCMIS. This method
 removes all direct permissions for all principals that are stated in the
 ACL of an object and at the same time adds the ACL provided by the
 application. That would effectively exchange all direct permissions.
 Obviously, propagation would not work with method but the semantics for
 single objects would be clear regardless of the binding.

 WDYT?

 Cheers,

 Florian