chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: Setting an ACL
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:56:26 GMT
No objections from my side. But if we touch this code I would like to propose two more minor
changes:

1) Because of the subtle differences between the bindings class org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.server.CmisService
gets an extra method applyAcl(). This however is not reflected in the LocalBinding. I missed
this in the unit tests where you want to test the behavior of both bindings. Could we add
this in the local binding?

2) Another piece I missed is an enum for the basic permissions. As a replacement I used org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.commons.impl.jaxb.EnumBasicPermissions.
This is exactly what I need, but directly accessing the JAXB classes is contradicting our
design ideas. Is there any reason not to add this or just an oversight?

Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:fmui@apache.org]
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. März 2012 09:21
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: Setting an ACL

 Hi,

 CMIS defines the applyAcl service to change the ACL of an object.
 Unfortunately, there are subtle differences between the two bindings  that can cause confusion.

 Therefore, I propose we add a setAcl() method to OpenCMIS. This method  removes all direct
permissions for all principals that are stated in the  ACL of an object and at the same time
adds the ACL provided by the  application. That would effectively exchange all direct permissions.

 Obviously, propagation would not work with method but the semantics for  single objects would
be clear regardless of the binding.

 WDYT?

 Cheers,

 Florian