chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Potts <jeffpott...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document Class
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:24:30 GMT
Combining your other email and this one, I am slightly confused about what you are trying to
do. I cannot tell whether you are attempting to retrieve instances of folder objects or type
definitions. The key to my confusion is your use of "Document Class" which sometimes sounds
like an instance of a folder named "Document Class" and other times sounds like the name of
a custom type you've created.

Are you trying to retrieve instances of objects that are stored in the repository? If that
is what you are trying to do, there are several methods available to you, including getChildren(),
which is a method on Folder, or getObjectByPath(), which is a method on Session, just to name
two examples.

If you are not talking about object instances but instead are talking about type definitions,
you might be interested in the getTypeDefinition() method on Session.

There are many good and helpful examples here:
http://chemistry.apache.org/java/examples/index.html

The full JavaDocs can be found here:
http://chemistry.apache.org/java/0.6.0/maven/apidocs/

Take a look at these examples and see if they help. If you continue to have problems, you'll
need to provide source code and error messages.

Jeff