chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Hübel <jhue...@opentext.com>
Subject RE: OpenCMIS and Logging
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 07:44:59 GMT
Even that I have never forund a log flie on my mobile no objections from my side to switch
to sl4j. Would we perform this change only for the client part or also for the server?

jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:mueller@gotux.de]
Sent: Freitag, 24. Februar 2012 12:51
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Subject: OpenCMIS and Logging

 Hi all,

 We started looking into the Android code integration. One of the  findings is that Apache
Commons Logging doesn't support the Android  logging facilities.
 An alternative to Commons Logging would be SLF4J [1][2], which works on  plain Java and on
Android.

 In order to share as much code as possible we would have to replace  Commons Logging with
SLF4J across all OpenCMIS classes. This would be a  one-time effort and part of the Android
code integration. It would not  change any APIs because it is only used internally.

 WDYT?

 - Florian

 [1] http://www.slf4j.org/
 [2] http://www.slf4j.org/android/