chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Kayode Odeyemi <drey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Content repository for OpenCMIS
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:20:47 GMT
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Florian Müller <fmui@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could please explain what you are looking for?
>
> OpenCMIS provides an InMemory repository and a file system based
> repository out of the box. But both are for testing only.
> OpenCMIS is used in content management products like Alfresco, Nuxeo, Open
> Text and other open and closed source repositories.
> You can also put OpenCMIS on top of a JCR repository.
>
> Thanks. I'm just curious about why we don't have a content repository like
Alfresco CMIS Content Repository. I'm generally looking for a content
repository similar to Alfresco content repository implemented using
OpenCMIS with flexible integration points for different ORMs and database
technologies.

I'm aware the JCR repository is incomplete. This is similar and a fraction
of what I'm looking for due to its support for different kinds of data
storage. Since it is not done yet, I guess I will have to make use of that
provided by Alfresco.

Thanks

--
Odeyemi 'Kayode O.