chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: AtomPub empty getAllVersions
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:06:30 GMT
Hi,

Right, I was so focused on the version history stuff that I forgot
that 1.0 getAllVersions is specified to explicitly return the PWC.

Florent

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Florian Müller
<florian.mueller@alfresco.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The CMIS 1.0 still states for getAllVersions:
> "The result set for this operation MUST include the Private Working Copy, subject to
caller’s access privileges."

> Since that hasn't changed (yet) that is what a client expects. CMIS 1.1 is a different
story and we have to discuss how and when we implement it in OpenCMIS.

> Nevertheless, we can change the AtomPub code to allow empty lists although I wouldn't
recommend to return an empty list.

> Florian
>

> On 10/11/2011 01:08, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> But as we discussed in the TC not all servers make the PWC part of the
>> version series, and in fact in 1.1 this should be the mandated
>> behavior. So until first checkin the version series is empty.
>>
>> Anyway I don't think the translation layer from server to AtomPub in
>> o.a.c.o.server.impl.atompub.VersioningService.getAllVersions should
>> decide what's allowed or not. For instance the SOAP bindings pass the
>> value as is, and I think this is right.
>>
>> Florent
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Florian Müller
>> <florian.mueller@alfresco.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi Florent,
>>>
>>> Here is my view:
>>> If the document type is versionable then there is always one version because
the version series is not empty. So the version list is not empty.
>>> If the document type is not versionable then the allowable action for getAllVersions
should not be set and clients should not call it.
>>> If a client ignores the allowable action the repository can either throw an exception
(the right way) or return a list with one version (the safe way).