chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florent Guillaume ...@nuxeo.com>
Subject Re: AtomPub empty getAllVersions
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 09:08:32 GMT
Hi,

But as we discussed in the TC not all servers make the PWC part of the
version series, and in fact in 1.1 this should be the mandated
behavior. So until first checkin the version series is empty.

Anyway I don't think the translation layer from server to AtomPub in
o.a.c.o.server.impl.atompub.VersioningService.getAllVersions should
decide what's allowed or not. For instance the SOAP bindings pass the
value as is, and I think this is right.

Florent

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Florian Müller
<florian.mueller@alfresco.com> wrote:
> Hi Florent,
>
> Here is my view:
> If the document type is versionable then there is always one version because the version
series is not empty. So the version list is not empty.
> If the document type is not versionable then the allowable action for getAllVersions
should not be set and clients should not call it.
> If a client ignores the allowable action the repository can either throw an exception
(the right way) or return a list with one version (the safe way).