chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Cédric Moitrier <cedric.moitr...@entropysoft.net>
Subject RE: Clarification on CmisService.deleteObjectOrCancelCheckOut
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 14:51:42 GMT
Thanks for the quick answer Florent.

-----Original Message-----
From: Florent Guillaume [mailto:fg@nuxeo.com]
Sent: jeudi 3 novembre 2011 15:29
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Cc: Cédric Moitrier
Subject: Re: Clarification on CmisService.deleteObjectOrCancelCheckOut

If it's a PWC then deleteOrCancelCheckOut maps to the operation cancelCheckOut in the domain
model, which doesn't have an "allVersions" parameter, so you should ignore it and just cancel
the checkout.

Florent

2011/11/3 Cédric Moitrier <cedric.moitrier@entropysoft.net>:
> Hi Chemistry guys,
>

> I have a question regarding how to properly implement "CmisService.deleteOrCancelCheckOut(...)".
>

> When using AtomPub binding, this method can be called for two reasons:
>
> 1/ deleting a document
>
> 2/ cancelling the checkout of a PWC
>

> From what I understand, if the target object is a PWC (a versionable document that is
checked-out), then the checkout has to be cancelled, otherwise the document must be deleted.

--
Florent Guillaume, Director of R&D, Nuxeo Open Source, Java EE based, Enterprise Content
Management (ECM) http://www.nuxeo.com   http://www.nuxeo.org   +33 1 40 33 79 87