chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Potts <jeffpott...@gmail.com>
Subject Path segments for documents
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:18:15 GMT
I'm looking at refactoring the getObjectByPath test for cmislib so that it does not assume
that the test document's name is the valid path segment token (this would fix a long standing
Jira issue, CMIS-232 [1]).

To do this, I have to ask the document for its path, but that's not supported (CMIS-112 [2]).
Alternatively, I could ask the folder for its children and tell it to give me the paths, because
getChildren is supposed to support the includePathSegment but I cannot seem to get that to
work (either inmemory 0.5 or Alfresco 4.0b)--passing includePathSegment=true to the folder's
getChildren URL makes no difference in what is returned.

So I'm left wondering whether or not it is actually possible to determine a document's path
without assuming cmis:name as the path segment token appended to the folder's cmis:path.

Jeff

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-232
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-112