chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Müller <florian.muel...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: AtomPub empty getAllVersions
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:18:53 GMT
Hi,

The CMIS 1.0 still states for getAllVersions:
"The result set for this operation MUST include the Private Working Copy, subject to caller’s
access privileges."

Since that hasn't changed (yet) that is what a client expects. CMIS 1.1 is a different story
and we have to discuss how and when we implement it in OpenCMIS.

Nevertheless, we can change the AtomPub code to allow empty lists although I wouldn't recommend
to return an empty list.

Florian

On 10/11/2011 01:08, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Hi,
>
> But as we discussed in the TC not all servers make the PWC part of the
> version series, and in fact in 1.1 this should be the mandated
> behavior. So until first checkin the version series is empty.
>
> Anyway I don't think the translation layer from server to AtomPub in
> o.a.c.o.server.impl.atompub.VersioningService.getAllVersions should
> decide what's allowed or not. For instance the SOAP bindings pass the
> value as is, and I think this is right.
>
> Florent
>

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Florian Müller
> <florian.mueller@alfresco.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Florent,
>>
>> Here is my view:
>> If the document type is versionable then there is always one version because the
version series is not empty. So the version list is not empty.
>> If the document type is not versionable then the allowable action for getAllVersions
should not be set and clients should not call it.
>> If a client ignores the allowable action the repository can either throw an exception
(the right way) or return a list with one version (the safe way).