chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Mayuresh Khandeparkar -X (mkhandep - SoftSol Resources at Cisco)" <mkhan...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Questions on OpenCMIS FileShare Repository
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:15:22 GMT
Hi Florian,

Thanks again for your prompt reply.
We were looking for a read only repository and your email gives us confidence to use OpenCMIS
FS.

Regarding my second requirement i.e. getting links within the html files (Java Docs) to work.
We came across a private method fileToId(File file) in FileShareRepository.java that generates
the 'id'.
We are thinking of pre-computing the 'id's for all the files in our repository and caching
them.
Whenever the user navigates to a URL on the HTML page we will use a Servlet filter to append
the 'id'.

Thanks,
Mayuresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Müller [mailto:fmui@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:00 AM
To: dev@chemistry.apache.org
Cc: Mayuresh Khandeparkar -X (mkhandep - SoftSol Resources at Cisco)
Subject: Re: Questions on OpenCMIS FileShare Repository

Hi Mayuresh,

There are some concurrency issues with the FileShare repository because the underlying file
system doesn't provide the necessary locking capabilities.
That why we label it as "not intended for production use". It should only be used in controlled
(testing) environments and as a code sample.

A pure read-only use case (no updates through CMIS and no file system changes at runtime)
should work, though.

- Florian