chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Mayuresh Khandeparkar -X (mkhandep - SoftSol Resources at Cisco)" <mkhan...@cisco.com>
Subject Questions on OpenCMIS FileShare Repository
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:11:41 GMT
I have some  questions intended for developers/maintainers of OpenCMIS
FileShare repository.

We are exploring the possibility of using  OpenCMIS FileShare repository
in one of our internal projects.

I have downloaded and setup OpenCMIS Browser and OpenCMIS FileShare
repository on Tomcat 6  (both are working).

We want to store Java Docs (html files) in the Open CMIS FileShare
repository and access the same via Open CMIS Browser.

The issue I am facing is that the links inside the html files (rendered
in the browser) pointing to other html files do not work.

I understand that this may not be the intended way the repository (or
AtomPub)  is supposed to function.

Basically the links inside the HTML file  do not have the generated 'id'
because they are not generated by AtomPub.

In this regards I had contacted Florian Muller (earlier maintainer of
OpenCMIS FS).

He was kind enough to suggest that we implement a custom servlet to
achieve this functionality.

Before writing any new code I was wondering if anybody on this mailing
list may provide any helpful suggestions /pointers to make the changes.

It has been mentioned on the OpenCMIS website that OpenCMIS FileShare is
not ready for production use.

If I have a limited requirement for browsing the files on the file
system (as in browsing the Java Docs) can I use OpenCMIS FileShare  in
production.

I do not have the need for other features like versioning,
relationships, policies etc.

Appreciate any feedback from the developer community.

Thanks,

Mayuresh