chemistry-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Lauricella" <slaur...@opentext.com>
Subject Workbench and ACLs
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 14:08:11 GMT
Hi team,

I have a question about the Workbench.

I'm experiencing a problem whenever I perform a login using a user, who has no rights to see
and modify permissions. It looks like the Workbench performs an extra getObject call with
the includeAcls=true argument to retrieve the object permissions and fill the ACL pane on
the right. At this point our CMIS implementation throws a PERMISSION_DENIED error according
to the chapter 2.2.1.2.5 of the specification (see "... MUST return the ACLs ..." in the image
below) since the user is not allowed to see permissions on the required object.

Unfortunately the Workbench shows the error received with an error dialog and gives up working
further. All buttons are grayed out and the GUI becomes unuseful.

See error for WS ...

... and for Atompub.

I would expect the Workbench to catch such a PERMISSION_DENIED error, leave the correspondent
ACLs pane empty but keep on working with further objects.

Is that a known issue? Is there any fix for that (I'm using the 0.5.0 version)?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any hint you might have.

- Stefano

________________________________

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
- Albert Einstein

"Non tutto quel che può essere contato, conta, e non tutto quel che conta, può essere contato."

"Nicht alles, was man zählen kann, zählt auch. Und nicht alles, was zählt, kann man auch
zählen."

Stefano Lauricella

Development Enterprise Library Infrastructure

  <http://www.opentext.com/2/email-signature-logo-global-event>

Open Text Software GmbH

  <http://www.opentext.com/2/email-signature-event>

Technopark II

Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 20

85630 Grasbrunn

Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 89 4629 1860

Fax:     +49 (0) 89 4629 33 1860

Email:

stefano.lauricella@opentext.com <mailto:stefano.lauricella@opentext.com>

Web site:

http://www.opentext.com/ <http://www.opentext.com/>

Place of Incorporation / Sitz der Gesellschaft: Open Text Software GmbH, Werner-von-Siemens-Ring
20, 85630 Grasbrunn, Germany | Phone: +49 (0) 89 4629 0 | Fax: +49 (0) 89 4629 1199 | Register
Court / Registergericht: München, Germany | Trade Register Number / HRB: 179298 | VAT ID
Number /USt-ID: 118 656 356| Managing Director / Geschäftsführer: Walter Köhler

This email is protected by domestic and international copyright laws and treaties and is the
property of Open Text Corporation, it may contain confidential and/or trade secret information
of the Open Text Corporation and/or its subsidiaries (OTC), and may be subject to legal privilege
in favor of OTC. This email may only be lawfully received, accessed, displayed on a computer
screen, printed, copied, and/or used by the specific addressee(s) named above ("Authorized
Recipient") for the purpose for which it was sent by OTC. All other rights and licenses to
this email are fully reserved to OTC. If you are not an Authorized Recipient, you are required
to immediately delete this email in its entirety without printing, copying, using, and/or
re-transmitting this email, either in whole or in part. The transmission of this email by
OTC is not to be construed as a waiver by OTC and/or the individual sending this email on
behalf of OTC of any of their respective rights or privileges at law or otherwise, howsoever
arising.